Try a new recipe this Thanksgiving. These Pumpkin Biscuits are a perfect addition to your dinner menu! Eat them warm with some butter. Items used and recipe below:
- 14000- all purpose flour
- 7040- granulated sugar
- 13001- unsalted butter (available in-store)
- 224012- pumpkin puree
- -baking powder
- -baking soda
- -pumpkin spice
- - 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp white granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter cold and cubed
- 1/4 cup buttermilk cold
- -1/3 pumpkin puree
- -Preheat oven to 425F
- -In a large bowl whisk all dry ingredients together.
- -Add cubed butter, then with a fork cut butter into the dry mixture until butter turn into small chunks.
- -With a rubber spatula, stir in the buttermilk & pumpkin puree into the dry mixture until it forms a soft dough. Do not over mix.
- -Turn the dough onto the floured surface, knead it 2-4 times to bring it together.Shape the dough into a rectangle then gently fold the left side of the rectangle over to the right, gently pat down. Now fold the top of the rectangle over to the bottom and pat down gently one more time. Repeat the folding process two more times. Flatten out your dough about 1 inch.
- -Cut out with a 2.5 inch round biscuit cutter. Place them on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush on egg wash if you want your biscuits to be shinny.
- -Bake them for 13 minutes or until golden brown.
All Purpose Flour 50Express®