Get ready to make a delicious Flan with BakersExpress. Here's what you'll need:
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 can (14oz) condensed milk
- 1 can (12oz) evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon 50EXPRESS® Vanilla flavor
- 5 eggs
- 8"x2" Fat Daddio's Round Pan
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- Place sugar into a pan and cook over medium heat until the sugar caramelizes. Make sure to stir with a wooden spatula so the sugar doesn't burn. After it is caramelized, take it off the heat. If you leave it too long, it could turn bitter. Empty it into a pan while still hot. Make sure to do this procedure quickly before the caramelized sugar gets hard. Set pan aside.
- In a separate bowl, put in all your ingredients (eggs, condensed milk, evaporated milk, and vanilla flavor). Whisk well. Pass your flan mix into a bowl or container using a strainer. Empty it out onto your Fat Daddio's pan and cover with a foil wrap. Cut 2 or 3 small holes on foil.
- Place flan into a container and add hot water. Fill it up 1/4 of the way up. Now place in the oven and bake for 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until slightly firm. Let cool for 3-4 hours.
- Cut the edges of the flan with a knife, place the gold tray on top of the flan and flip it over. If you want to cut in slices, place them in a pie container.